Friday, April 3, 2009

Warmer Weather Unleashes Odd Spring Fashion

Rainbows, Ruffles and Vitamin Water

I could tell spring was in the air when I tried to get onto the "F" train yesterday morning.

“Move it honkey!” was the greeting I received from a gentle soul muscling her way through the crowd to get onto the train with me.

I can only assume that this kind-hearted woman who uttered these sweet words was some type of motivational speaker getting ready for another day on the circuit.

Most of us on the train rode in silence as the woman muttered profanities to herself.

I emerged at Union Square with the sun shining and my spirits soaring. One of the first things I noticed was a throng of people rushing towards the end of the park where some type of rally was taking place.

The potent combination of great weather and free stuff is a mind numbing aphrodisiac for most New Yorkers. Hordes of people swarmed a Vitaminwater10 rally hoping for a shot at the grand prize.

Vitamin Water Feeding Frenzy
People got free samples of Vitamin water and waited in stunning lines for what must have been the chance of lifetime.

A prize so unexpected, so mind-bending, that life as we know it would be forever changed. Take a guess at what the grand prize was...

Money? No, think bigger.
An exotic vacation? No, think longer.
The Key to eternal enlightenment? Close...

It’s a year’s supply of Vitaminwater10!!!

Bingo Baby! Game on – call Crowd Control.

This celebration of the 10-calorie water brought out people from all walks of life including a human-skittles-rainbow-dress-wearing dude. (pictured above holding his vitamin water) When I pointed my camera phone at him, he giggled and chirped, “Strike a Pose!”

I can’t tell you who actually brought home the gold at this Pastel Water extravaganza, but I’m sure the winner is bathing in a sweet vat of triple antioxidant acai-blueberry-pomegranate vitaminwater at this very moment. I kind of hope it’s the rainbow dude.

1 comment:

  1. That dude is FAMOUS in Queens. Wherever there's a crowd, he'll be there

    ReplyDelete